2013-10-25

A spoon-full of butter... does your taste buds good

Today's quota: 1529 calories - 1516 calories consumed

Julia Child was a woman who loved butter. In her book there are so many lush recipes, also pictured in the movie "Julia & Julia", that I never imagined her book would say something to me that I could hear. But after that omelette, I had to get the book, and I had to find it for myself.

Honestly? I'm still in the omelette phase. Call me a simple-minded person, but I was so happy with the omelette result, and I like eggs so much, I stuck to cooking it.

There were though, other simple things that I learned together with the omelette: how to wait for the pan to be hot before dropping the butter on it, how to wait for the butter foaming almost to stop before throwing the egg mixture. This I already used to sauté some vegetables and the result was quite pleasing.

1 tablespoon of butter has approx. 10g, which is 50 calories. Totally doable.

My little calorie diary is getting filled up: tomorrow I'll have completed 2 weeks of calorie-counting zig-zag diet. Overcoming unusual challenges like having arthroscopy on your right knee and staying grounded at home without being able to do any sports. And it's not only a diverse diet, but also inclusive: no food is left behind, I'm eating practically everything, but in smaller portions. Who would have thought I could resist my binge nature...

My parents have come to visit and are helping me out while I'm limping around: tonight my dad cooked Banana Flambe for dessert. 280 calories well-invested (40 cal for the honey, 25 for the butter, 180 for the banana and 35 for the cachaca).

And my weight? Still a mistery to me, shall weigh myself this Saturday. I'm guessing there's some lost weight, since I already fit into some phase 4 trousers. Life is no video game, but we all have phases, and my fat phases are roads I have travelled on for some years now...

No comments: