2013-10-12

A long way to go, baby...

Hey, this is me, a Brazilian living in Germany and writing in English :-).

After watching Julia & Julia, I was inspired to overcome my limitations by writing about them. Maybe that was also after I just bore my dear friend Andrea to death with about 2 hours of whining on my weight and my issues...

I also spent about 2 hours trying to work on Wordpress and then just gave up and went to old-and-easy Blogger. Here I am! Love me!!!!

So, today is the beginning of my story to go thin (again). Going thin is something that's been there for so long, and for so many women, one wonders: what's there that's new to be worth talking about? Well, probably nothing! But we like to talk about it anyway. And I'm writing about it, so most likely saving the tired ears of people around me.

Hard facts: today I'm 38, 74 kg, 25% muscle and 40% fat content pear-like distributed in my 171 cm. And I was diagnosed with lipedem phase I. I need to go back to 62 kg, decrease fat content to 30% at least, and increase muscle content to 36%.

Soft facts: I'm so nice! And sometimes funny.

Curious fact: I also have a cat (Shanti) who's overweight. Before you say "Aha", let me just tell you that when I adopted her she was already fat,and I have 2 other cats who I raised from kittens and they are slim! Shanti is 5.6 kg and quite a small cat, so she looks quite the plumpy one. She needs to lose 0.6 kg at least, better would be 1.2 kg. She's also renal.

Here's how it will be: I will do my very best to eat within my calorie-limit for the day, which should lead to fat loss. I will try to do this eating as less meat as possible, since going vegetarian is a parallel effort which I have been making the last years (which kind of makes me a flexitarian ;-)). Working out is also planned, as soon as I recover from the knee surgery that I will go through in the next month.

And this is me in a post. I hope you read me :-).

No comments: