2013-10-15

The perfect omelette

Today's quota: 1400 calories - 1396 calories consumed

These past days I have been dreaming of a book. It all began when my boyfriend and I watched Julia&Julia together: I got inspired to write a blog on my trip to going thin, he got inspired to cook Julia Child's recipes. I was quite unamused that we could have such opposite interests: I could read sabotage a mile away!

Well, he bought Julia Child's book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and set himself to cooking some recipes, posting photos on facebook with the results. I started counting calories and looking to save every calorie for a fulfilling healthy meal, and butter is of course the devil of diets, which should be exorcized from my life. So it looked like there were some clouds forming up in the sky...

I got to the point of bringing my own stuff to his house to cook (honestly, not a bad idea at all). But while I was there, resisting the cheesecake calling my name from his refrigerator (480 cal a slice!), he was all excited telling me about Julia's story he watched on YouTube, and convinced me to watch a take where she teaches how to cook an omelette (I thought that a no-brainer, but ok).

Immediately afterwards he decided to test it, and since we both knew I would not be able to resist eating it, too, I also made one for myself. We sat down in front of the monitor to watch the documentary on her life with an omelette on our laps. The first bite, and... Man!! What was that? The taste was incredibly better than any other omelette I had ever eaten! Unbelievable! What other simple tricks were there to discover, which could turn such a simple low-calorie meal (200 cal) into the tastiest food ever? Now I had to know.

No comments: